The 2024 AHA Rural Health Care Leadership Conference, February 11-14 in Orlando, will gather more than 1,000 rural health leaders committed to advancing rural health and providing quality care for patients and communities. The conference will feature top rural practitioners sharing actionable strategies and resources aimed at improving access to care, leveraging unique workforce approaches, implementing digital technologies and prioritizing health equity.
We will explore the most significant challenges facing rural health care providers and present innovative approaches to transform care delivery and business practices.
- Develop strategies to enhance the resilience and flexibility of the rural health care workforce.
- Promote the adoption of innovative approaches to improve quality, patient safety and performance in rural health care to enhance patient satisfaction, increase efficiency and reduce costs.
- Explore disaster preparedness and response plans specific to rural communities.
- Explore new models of care and payment that align with rural health care systems' needs.
- Elevate equity and eliminate disparities in treatment, access and outcomes.
- Advance community and population health and economic development in rural areas through collaborative efforts between health care organizations, public health agencies and community stakeholders.
- Share inventive approaches to mergers, joint ventures and affiliations to help improve financial stability, operational efficiency and clinical outcomes.
- Learn how advances in telehealth, information technology and artificial intelligence are improving access in rural communities.
- Share best practices in health care delivery for American Indians and Alaskan Natives.
- Highlight best practices for achieving governance excellence in rural health care organizations, including effective leadership, stakeholder engagement and accountability.
Call for Proposals
We are now accepting speaking proposals for our 2023 conference. We are especially interested in presentations that feature rural hospital executives, clinical leaders, and trustees as presenters. Submission deadline is Thursday, July 27, 2023.