2022 AHA Rural Health Care Leadership Conference | February 6-9 | Phoenix, AZ
The Rural Health Care Leadership Conference is the American Hospital Association’s annual offering for the rural hospital audience. Since 1987, this conference has been the educational event of choice for rural health care leaders who want to learn from top researchers, strategists, and practitioners who can stimulate their thinking and provide the tools and approaches needed to transform the rural health organization for a sustainable future. The conference is designed for health care leaders from rural hospitals, health care systems with a strong presence in rural communities, rural health clinics, associations, and community health organizations. Participants include administrators, trustees, physician executives, nursing administrators, public health officials, and community leaders.
- Examine the changing environment including the impact of COVID-19 and legislative and regulatory activity on the rural hospital and health system.
- Gain practical tools for achieving peak operational and clinical performance, while improving value and through new models of payment and care delivery.
- Advance health equity and eliminate disparities through collaborations with community and public health organizations.
- Revitalize leadership, boost governance expertise, and nurture a more resilient workforce.
- Strengthen the hospital’s capacity to deliver value-based care through unique partnerships, networks, and strategic affiliations that enhance care coordination and business performance, including for behavioral health services.
- Explore how virtual health and data analytics are improving access to care and information management.
- Understand the consumer perspective, and examine emerging opportunities for connecting with patients as partners in care.
- Learn strategies for fostering a culture of innovation.
We will begin the design process this spring and would be pleased to consider your speaking proposal. Proposals are due June 28th. We are especially interested in those that feature rural hospital executives, clinical leaders, and trustees as presenters, including those who represent critical access and frontier hospitals, sharing innovative approaches and proven strategies.
How to submit a proposal
Submissions are now being accepted through our online form. The following information is required:
- A title for the session
- A detailed summary of the session including its focus and participant learning objectives
- A description of how this session is customized for a rural health care audience
- Identification of a content area:
- Driving value and enhancing affordability through rural hospital and delivery system transformation.
- Revisiting mergers, acquisitions, and strategic affiliations, and the price of independence.
- Deployment of telehealth tactics and techniques in a post-COVID-19 world.
- Best practices for achieving governance excellence.
- Advancing health equity and eliminating disparities through collaborations with community and public health organizations.
- Leading for a more resilient workforce and innovative culture.
- Strategies for expanding behavioral health and substance use services.
- Improving access to care with new models of payment and delivery, including primary care integration and creative approaches to staffing.
- Responding to the needs of consumers with new services and technologies, including through partnerships with nontraditional market innovators.
- Preparing for the unexpected – lessons learned for readiness and recovery.
- An assessment of whether the session is basic, intermediate, or advanced in its content
- Full contact information for the main contact
- Full contact information on the proposed speaker(s)
- A brief bio for each speaker
- One speaking reference for each presenter (noting where the individual might have presented in the past — along with contact information for those who can vouch for the speaker.)
- A brief description of each speaker's organization (bed size, services, etc.)
Please note: You will not be able to return to edit your submission in the online form. We suggest first completing and saving all of the required information in a Word document and then transferring it to the online form.
You will receive an e-mail confirmation once the proposal has been successfully submitted. We'll contact you in October with the status of your proposal.
Waived Conference Fee
Accepted speakers will receive a complimentary registration to the conference. Please note that we typically do not pay honoraria and speakers are usually expected to cover their own travel and lodging expenses.